Senior Database Administrator
Zigatta has teamed up with a thriving client in Dallas in regards to an immediate need for for multiple Senior Database Administrators with Netezza experience. This person will join an amazing culture!! This person will be joining a team that has outstanding chemistry and a great working environment!
Senior Database Administrator
The Sr. Database Administrator is responsible for the support, monitoring, performance, and documentation of all Netezza and Oracle databases used. The Sr. DBA will work with multi team projects and collaborate with the Database Team. General understanding of underlying operating system, storage technologies, memory management, disk arrays, NAS/SAN, networking is needed to perform the job functions.
Support primarily Netezza appliance environment that will include configuration, administration and maintenance of business-critical 24x7 non-production and production environments. And secondary support for Oracle RAC and standalone environments which includes Linux and windows platform. Responsible for managing and supporting high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms along with DR platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance on Netezza and Oracle systems.
- Use the NzAdmin/NZMigrate tool for typical administrative tasks which include genstats, groom.
- Assist development teams with planning and implementing database changes and query optimization.
- Recommend and implement a detailed security design based on minimum necessary privileges required.
- Create, test, implement and monitor an automated set of procedures for database and server backups as well as necessary maintenance procedures including performing backup and restore activities.
- Work closely with IBM and Oracle support to manage hardware/software failures, appliance upgrades and install patches.
- Implement and configure Oracle RAC and standalone environments.
- Review and Patch of Netezza and Oracle environments.
- Supporting QA and DEV environments with refresh tasks.
- Weekend support as needed. Must be flexible to meet current and future business needs
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Netezza and Oracle administration.
- Extensive experience with different backup/restore and disaster recovery solutions.
- Expert level experience in administering large databases in mission critical environment.
- Must have Netezza Hardware and Network component knowledge.
- Develop and define administrative and operational standard practices using Netezza utilities (Groom, Distribution, statistics, Zone Maps).
- Solid experience in Netezza system configuration and setup with its utilities and tool sets.
- Strong knowledge of Installation, configuring and maintaining of GRID infrastructure and applying of oracle Quarterly patches.
- Strong knowledge and experience with computer hardware including Servers, Network, SAN technologies, I/O subsystems.
- SQL Server knowledge is a plus.
- Strong communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, problem solving skills and self-initiative are must qualities.
At Zigatta, we leverage our expertise to forge long term relationships with our clients based on our 8 core values. We consider ourselves more than just a vendor, but a valued partner for our clients to achieve their business objectives. It's more than just about delivering, its about exceeding.
Sat, 13 May 2017 09:43:29 PDT