Production Supervisor, Metal Building Insulation
We are seeking a Production Supervisor, working with Metal Building Insulation to join our team!!! You will oversee the activities of a team of production workers.
The MBI Production Supervisor oversees daily activities in the lamination department ensure work communication meets the customer requirements.
This is a supervisory position responsible for the daily shop activities including lamination output, service levels to the customer, labor supervision, workplace safety, equipment maintenance, quality control, inventory management, and other shop activities.
The Production Supervisor will utilize processes, performance reports, and other management tools to determine daily resources needed to achieve sales and service requirements. Supports and promotes company values.
Essential Job Functions:
• Direct oversight of all lamination shop personnel.
• Scheduling and prioritization of workloads.
• Insures safe operating procedures by personnel and safety of fabrication equipment.
• Provides daily control of inventories required to complete each order in a timely manner.
• Verbal and written communication with management, CSR's, Purchasing, and fab shop workers to provide a consistent work environment.
• Oversight of packaging, identification, and marking of all fabrication products.
• Knowledge and implementation of maintenance requirements to insure all fab equipment remains operational and safe for use.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Responsible for maintaining training and performance management.
• Responsible for positive motivation of subordinates.
• Interprets Company policies and procedures for subordinates.
• Insures all safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with some college preferred
- Experience in managing work crews using positive motivation
- Knowledge of fabrication equipment, procedures, and processes. Must have ability to read blueprints and drawings.!!!!
- Mechanically inclined to maintain equipment and trouble shoot problems
- Computer literate to operate hardware/software for order entry, production paperwork, product labeling, delivery schedules, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of safety, inventory control, scheduling, cost management, performance efficiency & evaluation, and sense of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to drive change and make improvements.
- Ability to lead and supervise teams and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
Distribution International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DI provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Distribution International (DI) is one of the leading distributors of thermal and acoustical insulation and related supplies for maintenance and repair operations in the United States. We are also one of the largest providers of specialty insulation and related fabrication in North America. We distribute industrial and commercial insulation, asbestos abatement, firestopping, refractory, marine, removable pads, safety products and contractor supplies. We serve power generation facilities, petrochemical and industrial refinery plants, governmental and institutional buildings, military and commercial vessels and offshore rigs as well as other facilities and industries.
Headquartered in Houston with locations throughout North America, our expansive network ensures customers of unparalleled technical expertise, convenient custom fabrication service and timely delivery via our in-house fleet.
Because many of our customers do business around the world, our export division negotiates and expedites all international orders and shipments.
We represent the manufacturing icons of our industry with broad product lines that provide a wide range of benefits in energy conservation, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, increased process productivity, condensation control and enhanced worker safety, all of which significantly increase our customers.
Sat, 13 May 2017 07:44:35 PDT