Construction Project Engineer
Project Engineer for a LAUSD Modernization Project
Immediate opening for Construction Project Engineer position in the Los Angeles, CA area. Our company is a well-established general contractor based in Southern California that is listed in ENR's Top 200 General Contractors. The Project Engineer provides full time support to the Senior Project Manager and has frequent interaction with the owner/client, consultants and general contractor. He/She is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of our services are being delivered at the highest level to ensure that the Client/Owner is satisfied. Candidate selected must be highly motivated.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project Engineer for a $5M - $15M DSA modernization at Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD).
- Reports to the Senior Project Manager and Project Manager;
- Under general supervision of the SPM and PM, provides administrative support;
- Provides complex problem solving skills to resolve design, construction, budgetary, and schedule related issues;
- Composes and types correspondence to include letters, memos, forms, minutes, proposals, etc.;
- Interacts with a diverse group of external and internal contacts at all levels;
- Uses independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified work load;
- Receives and distributes project correspondence, drawings, and other project records and documents;
- Maintains project files;
- Maintains logs for RFI's, submittals, substitution requests, contracts, change proposals, and change orders;
- Arranges project meetings;
- Records discussions at meetings and prepares, distributes, and maintains project meeting minutes.
- Experience working as a superintendent on a LAUSD or other DSA project;
- Ability to daily supervise a single DSA project of up to $15M;
- Substantial experience supervising DSA construction;
- 1 - 2 years of project management experience for complex vertical construction projects;
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management;
- Previous experience with residential/hospitality/hotel/high rise projects is preferable;
Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written; be computer literate and capable of using MS Office (Word, Excel), Internet and Email.
The Reed Family of Construction Companies was founded in 1976. In 1996, two newly created Limited Liability Companies, E. E. Reed Construction, L.C. and Zapalac/Reed Construction Company assumed control of all previous E. E. Reed Construction Company operations in Houston and Austin, and on the East Coast. In 2002, the Limited Liability Companies converted to Limited Partnerships, and all new operations since that date are contracted in the Limited Partnerships. Therefore, the combined years are 34. davisREED Construction, Inc. was incorporated as the newest Reed Company in 2002 in order to service the western half of the United States. The Reed companies have consistently been found in the ENR Top 400 companies.
Los Angeles, CA
Sat, 13 May 2017 15:14:02 PDT