Fire Sprinkler Designer
~~Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Designs fire protection sprinkler systems with as much accuracy and detail as possible to enable the field installation to be completed with as few design errors as possible. To develop a product that reflects the professionalism and quality that is expected from a veteran designer.
• Coordinate with the MEP team and General Contractor for BIM (Building Information Modeling) utilizing NavisWorks.
• Develop shop drawings and hydraulic calculations for review and approval by engineering and design leadership.
• Obtains permits as required, including all related duties, such as preparation, delivery, corrections, etc.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Reviews work order and purchase orders, draft change orders, purchase material, prepare and maintain project schedule.
• Communication with field personnel and Field Superintendent.
• Retains full project responsibility for coordination and schedule.
• Attends all project related meetings, coordination efforts, etc.
• Draft/Review all RFIs.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Collects and researches data.
• Design - Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
• Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others\ ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
• Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
• Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others\ attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• MINIMUM NICET Level 3 in Water Based Systems Layout
• MINIMUM 7 years of experience in Fire Protection design and Hydraulic Calculations
• PREFERED One year certificate from college or technical school
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, a potential candidate should have knowledge of the following software:
• AutoCAD Design software 2012 or newer (REQUIRED)
• AutoSPRINK VR11 or newer
• Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
• NavisWorks Manage and/or Freedom Viewer
• HASS Hydraulic Calculation software
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read plans for fire sprinkler layout.
• Ability to read Hydraulic Calculations, and troubleshoot hydraulic failures.
• Ability to work in a BIM (Building Information Model) 3D environment for purposes of MEP coordination efforts.
• Ability to make technical presentation internally and to customers.
• Must have a sound working knowledge of NFPA 13 and related codes.
• Prefer to have survey skills and an understanding of the construction coordination process.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
COSCO Fire Protection is a multifaceted, full service fire sprinkler and life safety systems company specializing in the installation, service and inspection of a wide variety of automatic fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm (life safety systems), kitchen suppression, extinguishers and special hazard systems throughout the West Coast. COSCO Fire Protection is currently expanding our service operations throughout all of our district locations and offers tremendous opportunities to those service minded individuals in the fire protection/life safety marketplace
Sat, 13 May 2017 15:18:35 PDT