Pentagon City Matchbox is hiring! (Server)
Matchbox Pentagon City is hiring Servers!
- A minimum of 6 months experience in high-volume, upscale casual dining or an equivalent service environment
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Must be of legal age to prepare, serve, and ring alcoholic beverages
- Certified in (or able to be certified in) responsible alcohol service (where required by state, city, or municipality)
- High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and some holidays
- Able to perform essential functions to company standards with reasonable accommodation
- Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location
It all started when three friends teamed up to bring to life a dream they believed in. Combining their life savings, they opened their first restaurant in Chinatown, DC. What began as a tribute to their father soon became a thriving business based on the idea of community where friends and families could bond over hearty meals.
With more than 60 years of restaurant experience combined, these three friends utilized their passion and entrepreneurial spirits to create something bigger than serving food.
Since then, their restaurants have begun to span the country and they have established roots in various cities to become part of the neighborhoods.
Matchbox -- Casual, cool and contemporary. Join family and friends on an outdoor patio or beside a fire pit to enjoy chef-driven bistro fare or wood-burning oven pizza. Pair a craft beer or cocktail with your meal for the perfect evening.
Ted's Bulletin -- Take a step back in time, Ted's Bulletin combines a new age take on a classic shake joint. Displayed with vintage family photos, they offer classics such as tomato soup, grilled cheese, and other traditional recipes that have been passed along from generation to generation, staying true to Ted Neal himself. Ted's Bulletin aims to serve the surrounding neighborhoods and support the people of the community.
Sat, 13 May 2017 13:10:28 PDT