Communications and Marketing Manager
CUNY School of Law is the premier public interest law school in the country. Founded in 1983, we train lawyers to serve historically underrepresented communities and work towards greater diversity in the legal profession. Our motto, "law in the service of human needs," infuses everything we do. We are the most diverse law school on the East Coast, and one of the top law schools in the country for clinical practice.
CUNY School of Law is seeking a creative and dynamic Communications and Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives and External Relations, the Communications and Marketing Manager will support the development of a multi-year comprehensive strategic plan with goals, measurable objectives and benchmarks, all predicated upon the law school's mission, values and vision. He/She will work closely with the Dean of the Law School and other senior officers to fulfill this plan, including marketing the Law School effectively in order to build a robust pipeline of public interest law students. The manager will communicate the expertise, experience and breadth of our faculty with the media and advance the work of programs, projects, clinics and centers. The manger will also work closely with our fundraising team in developing innovative campaigns to attract and diversify the base of support.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will provide integrated planning and marketing services for the Law School, promoting our visual identity and messaging. They will create and execute strategies for multi-channel communications in partnership with the admissions team and support efforts to engage and promote the 4,500 alumni. They will also advance the national reputation of CUNY Law faculty as scholars and thought leaders advancing public interest and social justice through the power of the law.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing a comprehensive strategic plan for marketing and communications that unifies and amplifies CUNY School of Law's voice and messaging across all channels and audiences (prospective public interest law students, alumni, current law school community, university, public interest community, government agencies and general public) and achieves institutional goals
- Leading efforts and serving as a writer and overseeing the design of all communications- website, annual report, brochures, media kits, regular blog series - along with related video, audio and photography; work with development team on content of Annual Report, print magazines and newsletters
- Working with Admissions in developing and implementing of advertising strategy for recruitment and enrollment goals
- Managing social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Creating content for electronic communications with prospective students, alumni, donor-stakeholder, larger academic community and community of justice in mind.
- Creating powerful and compelling communication tools to support campaigns to build awareness, expand and diversify fundraising base among CUNY Law alumni
- Providing leadership and managing a broad range of tools - broadcast, digital, print, mail, social media, video - to tell CUNY Law School's story
- Building relationships with media that promotes the Law School and our faculty
- Creating connection between CUNY Law and other CUNY campuses, and raising the Law School's profile with the university
This position will include weekend and evening hours and occasional travel.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Superlative written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success in marketing, communications and project management
- Experience managing digital platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, WordPress) and using them for successful campaigns including online giving and blogging
- Track record of quickly gathering information for content creation and management of multi-media marketing strategy
- Detail oriented, multi-tasking individual with excellent interpersonal, managerial and organizational skills with ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Proven managerial track record; passionate about building the skills of his/her team
- Experience with photography and/or graphic arts is desirable (Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Spark)
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate or similar system for email campaigns
- Ability to monitor relevant news and CUNY Law brand in real time using Meltwater and other tools
- Interest in and skills for building internal and external relationships to secure and leverage information
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment
- Adept at building processes and systems that make content creation smoother
- Commitment to the mission of CUNY School of Law
- Familiarity with the public interest/social justice world, locally, nationally and internationally
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages marketing and advertising initiatives to achieve specific marketing goals.
- Develops advertising programs consistent within overall marketing plans to achieve image, awareness and/or enrollment goals
- Implements programs in print, radio, broadcasting, mail, and electronic communications, coordinating with internal units and external service providers
- Actively manages and moderates electronic content and marketing tools for both College and external web sites and sources, including social networks, video portals, and listservs
- Develops, tracks, and reports on both advertising costs (budgets) and results to assure goals are met; collects and analyzes data on exposure, traffic, and other metrics
- May supervise staff and external service providers
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Resumes will be accepted through June 11, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Law
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Job ID: 16719