Communications Electronic Media Manager
CUNY School of Law is the premier public interest law school in the country. Founded in 1983, we train lawyers to serve historically underrepresented communities and work towards greater diversity in the legal profession. Our motto, "law in the service of human needs," infuses everything we do. We are the most diverse law school on the East Coast, and one of the top law schools in the country for clinical practice.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives and External Relations, the Communications Electronic Media Manager will lead the content development of CUNY School of Law's website and set a strategic direction. The manager will work with, and support communications-related needs for academics, admissions, alumni relations, communications, Dean's office, fundraising, public service and special projects, student affairs, among others.
The Communications Electronic Media Manager will create and implement a digital strategy which supports and enhances CUNY Law's web presence in alignment with mission, vision, goals and objectives, meeting the needs of a diverse group of internal stakeholders (students, faculty and staff) and external audiences (prospective students, alumni, current and prospective donors, social justice community, among others).
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with centers and departments to capture content of events such as conferences, lectures, convocations and graduation for broadcast and content for website and social media, liaising with the audiovisual department as needed for recorded and/or livestreamed events
- Supporting production of print and electronic materials for campaigns, admissions, annual fundraising appeals, and alumni engagement, among others.
- Overseeing post-production of audio and video recordings as needed
- Developing editorial calendar, manage and support curation of Sedna Presenter System (electronic bulletin boards) and Captivate (elevator) to build knowledge of our successes, and communicate events in our building
- Leading the development of email campaigns using Blackbaud Luminate system
- Ensuring website content is compliant with legal standards (ABA, FCC, Accessibility) and CUNY guidelines while meeting needs of targeted audience
- Collaborating with faculty and staff and external relations team members to support fundraising and promotional campaigns
- Creating and maintaining system for library of assets used on the website, including photos, video footage, stories
- Establishing performance benchmarks against business goals and continuously monitor report results and make corrective recommendations
- Identifying current and target audience segments and ensure that content and design are consistent with best practices for improving SEO rankings on Google and other leading search platforms
- Managing budget to fund activities including marketing and business initiatives for the site
This position will include occasional weekend and evening hours.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience managing website content
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing, Mobile Marketing and Display Advertising
- Wordpress and Blackbaud CMS experience preferred
- Experience in using site management tools (HP/Autonomy Team Site, Adobe Marketing Cloud SiteCatalyst (Omniture)) and basic understanding of Google products (Webmaster Tools, Analytics, Tag Manager) preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, video editing software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong quantitative and analytical problems solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with ability to write content on a professional level and ability to clearly communicate with the diversity of stakeholders at CUNY Law
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
- Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
- Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients' needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
- Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
- Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
- Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
- Supervises staff as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Accepting resumes until June 1, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Law
Job Title: Communications Electronic Media Manager
Job ID: 16732