Finance Purchasing Agent Assistant (Provisional)
Under direct supervision, assists purchasing agents in the purchasing of various commodities, works in accordance with standard procedure and legal requirements; performs related work. In the New York City Board of Education and the New York City Department of General Services: in addition to the duties listed above, may under direct supervision of purchasing agents, purchase materials, supplies and/or equipment in accordance with standard procedures and legal requirements, prepare necessary purchasing documents, performs the tabulation and analysis of bids, the examination of samples, and the investigation of bidders.
- Keeps a record of requisition received.
- Examines requisitions and checks the description of items for accuracy, completeness and consistency.
- Assists in editing and revising specifications and conditions of purchase.
- Maintains files for contracts, requisitions and mailing lists of prospective bidders.
- Assists in preparing purchase proposals and suggests possible sources of supply.
- Assists in the tabulation and analysis of bids, the examination of samples and the investigation of bidders.
- Follows up on delayed deliveries.
- Examines trade journals, directories, catalogues, and technical manuals and becomes familiar with market conditions, price trends and trade practices.
- Keep records.
- May interview salesmen and business representatives.
Purchasing Agent Assistant
- High school graduation or its equivalent and two years of full-time, paid experience in purchasing a large volume and/or variety of materials, supplies, or equipment, or two years of full-time, paid experience in a field closely related to large-scale purchasing such as inspection or specification writing covering a large volume and/or variety of materials, supplies or equipment; OR
- A baccalaureate degree, from an accredited college, in marketing, materials testing, mathematics, merchandising, purchasing, retailing, economics, or finance; OR
- A combination of education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2". Education, at an accredited college, in the fields mentioned in "2" above may be substituted for experience.
New Hire: $37,111
This amount reflects a a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Finance Purchasing Agent Assistant (Provisional)
Job ID: 16608
Full/Part Time: Full-Time