Senior Custodial Supervisor (Queens College)
Under general direction, performs work of moderate difficulty and responsibility in the supervision of the cleaning and maintaining of college buildings and their immediate grounds; performs related work.
- In colleges, on an assigned tour of duty, is responsible for supervising a large group of subordinate employees; oversees custodial foremen, cleaners, elevator operators, laborers, watchmen, and other comparable employees engaged in cleaning and maintaining college buildings, entailing such tasks as sweeping, dusting, machine scrubbing, polishing, mopping, cleaning sidewalks, moving school furniture, gathering and disposing of refuse, operating heating plant, care of landscape areas and providing elevator service.
- Inspects work of subordinates to insure maximum efficiency, economy, and quality of work.
- Requisitions, stores, and issues supplies.
- Trains or arranges for training of new employees.
- Prepares work schedules.
- Maintains records and prepares required reports.
- Responsible for receiving and removing equipment.
Custodial Supervisor - Senior
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Often referred to as "Jewel of the CUNY system", Queens College is an urban school in a suburban setting, with a large and diverse student body. This picturesque campus consists of 37 buildings and spans more than 77 acres.
The work schedule may be days or nights and will include one weekend day.
- Graduation from elementary school and four (4) years of experience in the cleaning and maintenance of a large building, one (1) year of which has been in a supervisory capacity; OR
- A satisfactory equivalent.
- Experience in a large institution such as a school, hospital or hotel supervising and evaluating custodial staff
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated basic computer skills or knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
New hire: **$34,266
** This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number (16748)
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
June 10, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queens College
Job Title: Senior Custodial Supervisor (Queens College)
Job ID: 16748
Full/Part Time: Full-Time