Student Counseling Director
The Lehman College campus is located in Bronx, New York.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Student Affairs, the Director of the Counseling Center provides administrative oversight, visionary leadership and broad direction for all aspects of the Counseling Center.
- Overall coordination and supervision of the centers clinical services and student development programs.
- Supervision, development, training and evaluation of counseling center staff and student peer educators.
- Administrative oversight for intake assessments, personal counseling, crisis intervention, group workshops and campus outreach programming.
- Membership on campus Behavioral Intervention Team and coordination of crisis intervention and response protocol.
- Develop meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students throughout the campus.
- Serve as counselor-liaison for Lehman College Student Housing Program.
- Ongoing development of Counseling Center policies and procedures.
- Prepare, manage, and reconcile Center budget.
- Work with area hospitals, mental health agencies and other community-based organizations/providers in an effort to improve resources and services to students.
- Develop innovative methods of delivery of services based on needs of Lehman Community.
- Serve as liaison to CUNY Directors of Counseling meetings.
- Work to develop understanding and sensitivity to campus-wide issues affecting students with mental health needs.
- Prepare reports of student utilization and other program activity.
- Develop and implement program assessment plans to evaluate program delivery of services, student learning outcomes, and student satisfaction.
This position requires after hours on-call availability.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
Doctoral degree in Psychology to include Ph.D. and Psy.D. programs OR Master's degree in an appropriate discipline related to personal/psychological counseling and a New York State license as a mental health practitioner (social work, psychology, or mental health counseling) required. (Doctorate is preferred). At least five (5) years of documented progressive clinical and managerial experience in counseling center administration with provision of supervision in a mental health setting. Experience in college or university college setting preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs a college counseling center, integrating counseling services into a comprehensive student development experience.
- Manages a counseling center providing a variety of services such as individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, workshops, classroom instruction, and academic intervention
- Supervises and develops counseling faculty and staff
- Develops department budget and manages fiscal affairs
- Directs planning, evaluation, assessment and marketing of counseling services
- Interfaces with academic departments, other College offices, and student groups to assess program needs and develop appropriate responses
- Participates in inter-divisional programs to increase student success and retention
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Counseling Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience; range is $75,971 - $128,485.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For Technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin June 1, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Student Counseling Director
Job ID: 16746
Full/Part Time: Full-Time