Commmunications Broadcast & Multimedia Production Coordinator (Digital & Social Media Coordinator)
Medgar Evers College (MEC), a nationally recognized leader in urban-serving education, is one of twenty three colleges within the dynamic City University New York (CUNY) System. Named for the late civil rights leader, Medgar Wiley Evers (1925-1963), the College's mission is to develop and maintain high quality, professional, career-oriented undergraduate degree programs in the context of liberal education.
Under the supervision of Vice President of Institutional Advancement & Development, The Digital and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for aiding the expansion of all aspects of social media at Medgar Evers College. The position requires a creative, yet detail oriented individual who is motivated and capable of leveraging social media's power to drive brand awareness.
The Digital and Social Media Coordinator's duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate social media strategy across multiple audiences, channels and platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube.
- Align social media campaigns with organizational brand strategy, and assist in creating social media outreach around fundraising, messaging/awareness campaigns, and special events.
- Create and maintain monthly content calendar.
- Assist in defining clear calls to action to drive engagement, website visits, and conversions, e.g., donations, e-newsletter signups, and event registration.
- Increase social audiences and engagement levels among MEC's students, alumni, the Central Brooklyn community, and donor base.
- Identify students, alumni, donors and MEC community members with powerful and inspiring stories.
- Collect data, apply analytics, and recommend new opportunities to engage the MEC community.
- Partner with the Director of News, Media, and Information to identify emerging media opportunities and narratives for MEC.
- Track social media engagement and communicate achievements and areas in need of improvement using accessible metrics and language.
Bachelor's degree required
- The selected candidate must be an organized, resourceful, and responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism, and be a collaborative team player.
- Degree in communications, marketing, or other relevant field
- Strong writing and communications skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports the creation and maintenance of multimedia communications.
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel to develop multimedia concepts to communicate key messages
- Creates content utilizing one or more types of media (e.g., photography, video, audio, and web technologies)
- Coordinates pre-production, production and post-production activities
- Designs, edits, and uploads content to internal and external sites and programs
- Maintains archives, materials, and project documentation
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
June 11, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Medgar Evers College
Job Title: Commmunications Broadcast & Multimedia Production Coordinator (Digital & Social Media Coordinator)
Job ID: 16707
Full/Part Time: Full-Time