CUNY Administrative Asst, Level 1A - Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies, and Gove
This position has responsibility for the operation of a major administrative College activity, or difficult administrative and secretarial work in an office with College-wide responsibilities, or in an unusually complex academic department. May perform duties described under the lower title, CUNY Office Assistant (04802). Persons in this position are accountable for rendering quality services in a respectful, courteous and professional manner. In the University's multicultural environment, incumbents provide consistent assistance to everyone.
A CUNY Administrative Assistant position will be assigned to either Level 1 or Level 2. A position assigned to Level 1, with wide latitude for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, performs office or secretarial work in various units, following relevant departmental, College, and University procedures. A position assigned to Level 2, with wide latitude for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, performs very complex administrative or supervisory work; may work with other College units to complete significant administrative functions (e.g., payroll, facilities, personnel, budget, records, security, etc.).
This position is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
CUNY Administrative Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
* OPEN TO CURRENT ELIGIBLE CUNY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS AND CUNY OFFICE ASSISTANTS (LEVELS 3 & 4) ONLY *
The Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies, and Government Relations advances the College of Staten Island's position as a trusted community leader, partner, and valued resource by promoting civic prosperity through the realization of individual, community, regional, and global economic and social potential.
The mission of the Division, consistent with the College's Strategic Plan, is to support and enhance economic growth and sustainability through higher education opportunity, human capital and talent development, applied research and innovation, entrepreneurship and business cultivation, and stewardship of place. The Division also generates needed resources to support and advance the College's overall Mission, Vision, and Values.
Reporting to the Vice President, the CUNY Administrative Assistant will provide supervision of the administrative clerical functions for the Division.
Additional tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the Vice President in the day-to-day operations, including calendar management (schedules/cancels meetings), coordination of routine and high-level events such as the annual legislative forum, Convocation, etc. and program activities.
- Communicates with other academic or administrative departments or outside agencies to expedite the processing of work.
- Assists in monitoring the budget operations and processes for the division including preparation and monitoring reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Proof of meeting qualification requirements is needed before the close of a Civil Service Examination filing period. You may be asked to provide proof of meeting these requirements at any time between your application and the close of the filing period.
- Permanent status as a CUNY Office Assistant at Assignment Level 1 (Pay Level 3) or Assignment Level 2 (Pay Level 4).
Candidates who meet the above requirements must also meet requirements 2 and 4 after the close of the filing period.
- Candidates must take and pass a job-related Civil Service Examination that measures critical competencies for the position.
- Candidates must undergo a background check, including a fingerprint screening and a verification of their education and work history.
- Candidates must demonstrate technical competence in using job-related software (e.g., word processing or other).
Preferred Qualifications include:
- The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Strong skill sets in budgeting.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings", "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs", then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field.
June 10, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: College of Staten Island
Job Title: CUNY Administrative Asst, Level 1A - Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies, and Government Relations (Provisional)
Job ID: 16742
Full/Part Time: Full-Time