Estimator / Project Manager - Construction
Estimating Job Description
The Estimator is responsible for bidding and estimating commercial construction projects which includes subcontractor scope definition activities. They are responsible for providing accurate estimates and endeavor to be the lowest responsible bid in order to provide the company with sufficient profitable work to meet its goals. They are responsible for maintaining a qualified database of subcontractors to assure the company's competitiveness in bidding and ability to perform work to appropriate standards.
Prepare time, cost and labor estimates for construction projects by analyzing project drawings, specifications and RFP's.
Prepare conceptual estimates and budgets for upcoming projects
Perform detailed quantity take-offs and provide scope sheets for purchasing. Bid administration to include maintaining bid log of documents, preparation of detailed sub-contractor scope of work and extensive follow-up.
Develop subcontractor relationships for the solicitation of bids.
Evaluation of Bid Specifications and Drawings.
Attend pre-bid meetings and/or site visits.
Participate in the interview process as required by some projects for award
Maintain qualified subcontractor bidders list.
Minimize job costs by communicating scopes of work with subcontractors and vendors.
Identify potential project risks.
Actively engage with marketing department and other team members during the proposal/bidding process by reviewing RFPs, bid documents and comparing company costs to estimate project costs;
Communicate with owners, architects, engineers, owners and project team.
Project Manager Job Description
The Project Manager is a position of great responsibility, requiring complete technical knowledge of the construction process with a strong focus on quality and client satisfaction. The Project Manager is the main point of contact who is responsible of the project's organization, implementation and completion to the satisfaction of the client.
• Manage multiple large commercial construction projects simultaneously
• Develop and track leads on upcoming projects
• Build relationships and use networking to acquire new business opportunities
• Collaborate with marketing department to create pre-qualification and bid packages and proposals
• Collaborate with estimating department to develop and oversee conceptual estimates,
budgets and bids
• Attend pre-bid walk-throughs
• Create approved subcontractor bid list
• Prepare project team for project interviews
• Ensure that all project objectives and milestones are met
• Organize, conduct and represent Rand at weekly project status meetings
• Develop, maintain and enforce project budgets and schedules
• Oversee the performance and training of project team and subcontractors to ensure quality
• Point of contact for client, owner, architect and project team
• Review and approve payments to subcontractors and vendors
• Negotiate, issue and execute change orders
• Maintain subcontractor relations
• Oversee close-out process
• In the absence of an Assistant Project Manager or Project Engineer, the Project Manager assumes all responsibilities of these positions
• Responsible for training of Assistant Project Managers and Project Engineers
W&M Contracting is a small GC based in Rockvillle MD that does a wide range of commercial projects from tenant fitouts to base building construction. Our small size allows our staff to wear many different hats within the company and have a direct impact on the performance of the company. We are small and move fast in our projects and we need people that can work in this environment.
Sat, 13 May 2017 14:06:02 PDT