Hands-on Controller needed for a startup Company with solid accounting experience. Must have prior experience in a senior accounting position in a rapidly growing company or industry. Ideal candidate should have a CPA from Big-4/MBA preferred. You'll go from hands on tasks like managing and maintaining accounting/financial systems and records to playing a key role in assisting senior management in making financial and operational decisions. In addition to the normal accounting and other responsibilities that comes as part of a Controller's position, you'll be involved in forecasting, monitoring, process re-engineering and improvements. Your thorough knowledge of GAAP and accounting, building finance functions including financial systems implementation for reporting and forecasting, working with external and internal auditors, tax advisors, and valuation experts will be key drivers for this role.
• Responsibilities cover the full scope of day-to-day operations of finance & accounting, compliance with policies and procedures, management of financial/tax audits, budgeting & forecasting and working with external and internal auditors.
• Develop and implement internal controls & financial / accounting systems in alignment with corporate Company strategy and growth plans
• Assist the senior management team in making decisions regarding financing, accounting and operational issues in support of Company objectives.
• Manage and maintain accounting/financial systems and records in support of operations with integrity for audits, financial reporting, and tax authorities.
• This is a transaction heavy, hands-on position with potential for future growth.
• The ideal candidate will bring an exceptional background and a proven track record in leading the finance and accounting function in a young, fast growing company. This position requires a hands-on Controller with proven experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in start-up company or equivalent rapidly growing company.
• Financial systems compliance, implementation including financial systems for reporting and forecasting.
• BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent required
• CPA from Big-4
• Thorough knowledge of GAAP required.
Growing Pre IPO company
New York, NY
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:45:40 PDT