Cyber Security Specialist
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Review, edit, verification and validation of at least 200 security program artifacts, primarily verification memos.
- Convert all NIST 800-53 rev 3 derived memos to a corresponding verification matrix.
- Support of a robust IT Security program that meets NIST 800-53 and other NIST, Federal Government requirements.
- Direct, on-site IT Security in support of a NASA Program.
- Build solid working relationships through interactions with a diverse program team
- Strong knowledge of NIST SP 800-53 and other relevant NIST and Federal Government guidance.
- Experience with creation, modification and maintenance of IT System Security Plans (SSP), IT Risk Assessments, Contingency Plans to support government environments, ideally NASA/NOAA.
- Familiarization with the IT Security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process.
- Ability to work well with and relate to anyone including upper management, peers and end-users.
- Can-do attitude interested in learning what customers want and how they can help within the scope of the assignment.
- Expert attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong technical writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of and consistent with industry best practices in accordance with government regulations.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows systems and servers.
- Individual must meet government NAC and citizenship/permanent residency requirements for access to NASA GSFC. Extensive background investigation will be performed as a requirement of the job.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of relevant experience. Seven years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- CISSP certification is preferred but not required.
X3M Systems is an IT company that was founded with the vision of providing the most cost-effective, secure, and customer-oriented IT solutions and services. We provide quality and competent services to small businesses, medium-sized enterprises, and government agencies. A synergy between our dedicated professionals and your organization enables you to explore further business opportunities. We utilize the best of breed in cutting edge technologies and foster a corporate culture that attracts and retains creative, practical, and energetic employees who are focused on our clients mission.
Sat, 13 May 2017 13:27:28 PDT