Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant
Perform clerical work requiring general knowledge of the principles of accounting and bookkeeping. The responsibilities of this position may include reconciling daily drawers of all venues of Dining Services, reports, daily deposits, change orders, counting and recording by machine, all vending machine collections. Depositing those collections to the bank. Provide assistance to other areas within Dining Services Department.
- SUPPORT DINING SERVICES DEPARTMENT - Assist with reconciliation of end of month Dining Services Accounts with College Budget reports. Assist with posting daily menus. Assist with set-up of new employees. Assist with input of monthly inventory. Assist in Catering, Kitchen, and all other departments as needed.
- COORDINATE, ORGANIZE AND DISSEMINATE DEPARTMENTAL INFORMATION ON DAILY/WEEKLY/MONTHLY/ANNUAL BASIS - Maintain daily and monthly data processing reports for Dining Services' operations. Provide daily, monthly, and annual reports to the Dining Services Manager and all department supervisors. Maintain Cav Card/JCCC ID records.
- PROCESS AND RECONCILE HIGH VOLUME OF DAILY COLLECTED REVENUE - Count, balance, and reconcile cash drawers for Dining Services Operations. Prepare daily deposits for all Dining Services Operations. Responsible for the coordination and transportation of all Dining Services deposits and daily working capital.
- CASH ON HAND MAINTENANCE -Accurately maintain and reconcile vault. Reconcile vault records monthly. Submit change order via phone to bank accurately and timely.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds repetitively and 50 pounds occasionally, on a daily basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with managers, staff, customers, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Must possess a positive, can-do attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to use a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Will need to use standard office equipment.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM