GradQuant Staff Coordinator
Salary: $44,200 - $55,000
Title: GradQuant Staff Coordinator
Category: Student Affairs and Advising
Department: Graduate Division
Date Posted: 01/11/2017
Position Information: Coordinates the GradQuant program and space ensuring that programming and activities meet the needs of Graduate students and are within the scope of the directors' vision. Supervises graduate student and professional staff, maintain records, and collaborates with other departments. Provides support to the GradSuccess team.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of how learning skills issues apply to a research institution.
Knowledge of learning theories and training models.
Multicultural competencies; knowledge and experience working and interacting effectively with diverse groups of staff, faculty, and student populations.
Skills in judgment and decision-making.
Develops knowledge of specific learning theory, learning styles, affective issues, academic issues, and socio-cultural issues in applying academic support for students.
Experience providing qualitative and quantitative assessment of academic programs.
Knowledge of strategies in critical thinking, reading, writing, note taking, test taking, time management, and goal setting.
Oral and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills.
Develops knowledge of current and theoretical models that influence the application and delivery of academic services (e.g., discipline specific; student-population specific).
Ability to communicate information in small and large group settings.
Problem solving skills.
Proficient computer skills including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and web-based systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Proficiency utilizing data analytic software such as R, SPSS, SAS, etc.
Background in computer programming, such as C++, HTML, Python, Java, etc.
Background in statistics, including but not limited to correlational designs, hypothesis testing, and ANOVA.
Background in qualitative methods.
Past experience in academic counseling or teaching.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview