Child Care Assistant I (P/T), CPRN12304ECEC
Cooperate with the Lead Teacher to plan, implement, and evaluate a model program consistent with the principles and practices taught in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program. Communicate formally and informally with parents.
Position Title: Child Care Assistant I (P/T), CPRN12304ECEC
Duties of Position:
- In relation to the Early Childhood Education and Care Program: act as a model for college students, visitors and observers; assist with the orientation of students to the Early Childhood Center; participate in daily meetings as available with members of the classroom teaching team for the purpose of review and planning;
- In relation to children enrolled in the Early Childhood Center: assist in providing a model program for children consistent with principles and practices taught in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program classes; assist in the planning and implementation of a program consistent with Department of Children and Family Services and the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs guidelines; provide safe and supervised environment for each child in the classroom; use positive guidance techniques as described in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program classes; assist in the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate experiences for children based upon individual and group needs; and assist in keeping ongoing written observational records for each child.
- In relation to Program Planning: be familiar with Department of Children and Family Services standards, and the National Academy of Early Childhood Program guidelines for child care facilities; know Center policies and procedures for children and staff; assist in the preparation of daily written curriculum plans according to guidelines for both indoor and outdoor experiences; with the cooperation of the Lead Teacher and other staff, implement a model program curriculum; and assist in the keeping of daily attendance records.
- In relation to Parents: maintain daily informal contact with parents; in cooperation with the Lead Teacher provide semi-annual progress conference for each child and other parent conferences as needed or requested; participate in Center-Family events; in cooperation with the Lead Teacher, contribute to monthly newsletter and complete other communications as needed (phone calls, notes to parents); in cooperation with the Lead Teacher makes home visits to each child's home before or close to the child's enrollment date; in cooperation with the Lead Teacher maintain classroom documentation boards; and in cooperation with the Lead Teacher distribute notes, newsletters, etc. to parents.
- In relation to Environment: in cooperation with the Lead Teacher, maintain equipment and facilities in a safe, tidy, and clean manner and report needs to Center Manager; assist in the care of plants and animals; in cooperation with the Lead Teacher, recommend the purchase of appropriate educational materials and other supplies; and complete Early Childhood Center Environmental Support responsibilities as assigned.
- In relation to Professional Standards: maintain the confidentiality of children, families and staff; attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as required; keep current with professional issues and research; comply with policies in the Classified Employee Guidebook; and comply with the policies and standards stated in the Early Childhood Center Staff Handbook.
Experience and Education:
Associates Degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education; or Bachelor's Degree with an Early Childhood Education certificate, CPR and First Aid Certificates.
One (1) year experience in a Child Care Center.
Bachelor's Degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education.
Two to Three (2-3) years experience in a Child Care Center.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Early Childhood Center equipment and appliances both indoors and on the playground. Computer usage for development of portfolios.
May include off-campus locations, variable hours. Hours include: daily participation in the Early Childhood Center, visits to homes of children, Center-Family events, and twice yearly in-service classes.
Department: Early Childhood Center - ECC
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt