Graduate Education Recruiter and Cohort Programs Manager
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Graduate Education Recruiter and Cohort Programs Manager supports learning by actively recruiting prospective students for graduate education programs and by collaborating with the staff and faculty in the School of Education and Human Performance to manage cohorts for graduate education programs on and off campus. Recruiting responsibilities include developing and maintaining relationships with individual prospects, as well as with school districts and organizations. Cohort management responsibilities include working with various University offices and campuses, external collaborating entities, students, and instructors to assure that all programs are delivered consistently and in alignment with our standards of excellence.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cultivates relationships with graduate education program candidates; manages graduate education inquiries, responding to inquiries and applicants on a timely basis to answer questions and provide information.
- Represents Aurora University at internal and external recruiting events, including area school districts, regional offices of education, and other related organizations or institutions.
- Provides complete and accurate information about Aurora's degree program admission procedures and academic requirements for specific programs; reviews applicants for required program qualifications in consultation with program chair as needed.
- Assists students with registration and oversees the online registration process for all new and continuing graduate education/EdD students; monitors registration status and course enrollments; serves as a liaison between students, faculty and staff to identify and overcome enrollment and registration challenges for students.
- Assists program chair with transcript evaluation of previous graduate credit for prospective students and active applicants seeking any graduate education/EdD program.
- Identifies potential degree program opportunities in collaboration with the various campuses and off-site partners.
- Orients incoming students to university student support systems and general advisement.
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic retention efforts for graduate education students.
- Works collaboratively with the recruiters from the Center for Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS) and Woodstock Center for all programs jointly managed in order to meet recruiting goals.
- Actively works with students to complete admission files and secure enrollment for candidates interested in graduate education programs and other graduate programs, as assigned.
- Coordinates with campus and off-site partners to establish and maintain facilities and program delivery agreements; works with University offices to provide certificates of insurance.
- Assists in the collection of documents and data as requested for program and university controls and accreditation.
- Attends and contributes to the agendas of program, school, and university meetings as appropriate.
- Assists students with payment options and billing in conjunction with the Students Accounts Office; including district payment options and assisting in the facilitation of student payments.
- Reviews and verifies graduation eligibility and program fulfillment requirements in conjunction with the Registrar and program chairs for impending graduates.
- Assists program chairs, directors, and enrollment personnel in the preparation of goals and budgets by reviewing and projecting expected enrollment and tuition revenue.
- Possess an understanding of Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) rules and guidelines, and an awareness of changes made by ISBE that may affect students and programs; including knowledge of State tests, credential, and entitlement requirements.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience with K -12 education system.
- Experience in higher education and/or recruiting preferred, relevant work experience will be considered.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and customer service oriented.
- Ability to use office equipment, such as a computer, copier, etc.
- Ability to handle admission and financial aid information appropriately.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment important.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing systems; knowledge of Colleague and Slate preferred.
- Some evening and Saturday hours required.
- Access to personal vehicle and valid driver's license.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in-person and via electronic media.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.