Sign Language Interpreter - Independent Contractor
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: George Williams College of Aurora University in Williams Bay, WI seeks qualified Sign Language Interpreters for deaf/hard of hearing student(s) during lectures, labs, and other school related activities.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Possesses and maintains a high level of skill, proficiency, and professionalism in interpreting.
- Maintains a professional working relationship and facilitates communication between deaf student(s), instructors, and hearing students in the classroom
Essential Job Requirements:
- Qualified candidates must possess and furnish a current interpreter license at the intermediate level, advanced or master level preferred
- Experience with interpreting in higher education setting preferred.
- Ability to accurately interpret spoken language to sign language and interpret sign to spoken language for lectures, labs, and other school related activities.
- This is an independent contractor (non-employee) position with no benefits provided.
- Ability to move about campus
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.