Division Costing Manager
NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we're committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 400,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don't just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR's multi-billion dollar business operations.
The primary focus of the Division Construction Cost Manager is to develop, implement, and maintain an effective cost control system. You will provide the Division Manager with accurate cost projections of product offerings and ensure that each unit is built within those projections.
- Manage cost systems database for profit center operations.
- Implement and maintain effective cost control system.
- Project costs for product offerings and analyze results to ensure estimate accuracy.
- Initiate agreements with sub-contractors and monitor insurance requirements.
- Review plans for standardization of components, options, and construction methods.
- In conjunction with Production Managers, establish and verify for accuracy Sales Area Figures for all communities after acceptance of land agreement or subdivision improvements are completed, or prior to the release of sales pricing, whichever comes first.
- Update and maintain Sales Price Worksheets and Spreads for all active and future communities. Ensure that pricing spreadsheets accurately reflect Base, Standard, and Elective costs.
- Maintain current Sales Area Figure data in the pricing spreadsheets.
- 3+ years of experience of relevant financial analysis, costing, planning, or economic analysis
- Skilled in budgeting and negotiating
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and orally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level is essential
- Big four CPA firm, large manufacturing or real estate experience preferred
- CPA certification or MBA preferred
- Exposure to new home or commercial construction preferred
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we'll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you'll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.
NVR, Inc. is a Top 5 US Homebuilder and an industry leading company.
While you may not know us, you probably know our brands. We're the parent company of Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes, and Heartland Homes, which construct many of the country's finest new homes. You'll find our homebuilding operations in more than 27 metropolitan areas throughout 14 states and we've built more than 365,000 homes - and counting - since we began in 1948.
Commitment to quality and our customers has made us a leader in homebuilding. It's also contributed to our industry-leading position in the areas of profitability, return on capital, inventory returns, debt to capital ratio, and more. Wall Street analysts consistently rank NVR as one of the most financially stable publicly held companies in the US. We're also one of the most profitable homebuilders in the country - and the only publicly held homebuilder to remain profitable during the recent economic downturn.
Our mortgage banking business, NVR Mortgage, provides a variety of home financing programs to serve our customers in the metropolitan areas where we build. And NVR Settlement Services supports our mortgage banking customers with a complete range of settlement and title services. As the parent company, NVR provides a broad range of support functions, including marketing, financial services, human resources, land acquisition, and information technology.
Fri, 5 May 2017 14:26:23 PDT