Our start up client in El Segundo is hiring a DevOps Engineer on a Full-time Permanent basis. The DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of the effort to develop the next generation platform. Team members who have a passion for leveraging technology and software to solve problems and maximize productivity and efficiency.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Work as part of a small technical team to build and manage a resilient and secure infrastructure for application platform
• Collaborate with development team to fulfill each other's requirement, create scripts, modify source codes if needed or workarounds (requires solid knowledge of programming)
• Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
• Improve automated deployments, monitoring, management and incident response
• Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
• Conduct stress, high availability, and proof of concept tests
• Get up to speed and understand our technology stack
What our Technology stack looks like (you'll be using all of these):
• Linux (Centos/Ubuntu), Java, Scala. Python, SQL Server, MongoDB, Spark
• Akamai, AWS, ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Ansible, Jenkins
Desired Skills and Experience
What you need:
• At least 5 years years' experience in Linux system administration within an agile environment, supporting development and implementing DevOps processes and procedures.
• Strong knowledge of Amazon AWS / EC2 is a must.
• Experience working with log monitoring with ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
• Proficient scripting skills in languages such as Bash or Python.
• Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
• Bachelor's degree with a major course of study in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Experience using scripting languages, configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet) and command execution frameworks
• Interest in a fast pace, high growth, startup environment
Founded in 2001, Odesus is an Information Technology Consulting and Staffing Firm. Over the course of the past 14 years, Odesus has established itself as one of the premiere firms providing services to banking, financial, entertainment and insurance clients, among other industries. Our business model is designed to provide services to a few premiere clients in a joint partnership to enhance performance and delivery. Today, the Odesus model has evolved so that we are a complete solutions provider focused on the deployment of IT professionals in a rapid and efficient process.
El Segundo, CA
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:14:52 PDT