MS SQL DBA
Title: MS SQL Database Administrator
Location: Culver City, CA
Position Type: Fulltime, Direct-hire
Salary: Mid-to-Sr. Level - Depends on Experience (DOE)
Work Authorization/Tax Terms: Must be authorized to work for any US employer without requiring Visa sponsorship (US Citizen, Green Card, EAD, TN, Etc.) - W2 only (No Corp-to-Corp)
• Plans, defines and executes database maintenance activities including re-indexing, statistic update, and backup/recovery strategies.
• Performs physical implementation of databases, storage structures. high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
• Performs enterprise monitoring, alerting, and security compliance solutions for SQL servers.
• Monitors database efficiency and maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems, fine tunes the database environments and performs capacity planning.
• Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
• Audits user activity to ensure integrity and performance of the database.
• Troubleshoots and resolves database performance issues.
• Implements and maintains multiple database environments.
• Manages, supports and maintains Microsoft SQL Server database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
• Provides technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
• Optimizes the use of the databases by staying current on upcoming SQL and Windows release and cumulative updates.
• Contributes ideas to improve product functionality, maintainability or performance.
• Works with teams across different domains.
• 3 - 5 yrs. experience working with SQL Server 2008/2012
• Backups/Recovery/Performance Tuning
• SSRS report configuration
• Experience with MYSQL is a plus
• BA or BS preferred
Founded in 2001, Odesus is an Information Technology Consulting and Staffing Firm. Over the course of the past 14 years, Odesus has established itself as one of the premiere firms providing services to banking, financial, entertainment and insurance clients, among other industries. Our business model is designed to provide services to a few premiere clients in a joint partnership to enhance performance and delivery. Today, the Odesus model has evolved so that we are a complete solutions provider focused on the deployment of IT professionals in a rapid and efficient process.
Culver City, CA
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:03:11 PDT