Truss Plant/Operations Manager J12829
Well established and busy building component manufacturing company seeking an experienced Production Manager to join their winning team. Responsible for 50 direct reports. Responsible for managing all Truss production activities and achieving production targets in quality, productivity, efficiency, safety, cost control, and staff development. Directs teams in effectively managing each respective department. Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and/or company policy and procedures.
- Improve Truss production manufacturing processes for the purpose of improving overall quality, reducing lead-times and lowering overall costs of operations by using Lean Manufacturing and Total Quality Management applications where necessary. Six-Sigma experience is a plus.
- Improve operator training processes by developing and implementing tested and measured Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's). Develop new procedures where none exist and ensure all employees operate to developed standards on a consistent basis.
- Incorporates best Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and other production activity control techniques to reduce excess inventory, overtime, labor and other waste streams.
- Consistently provide sound leadership, coaching, mentoring and direction for personnel development, morale improvement, and staff organization.
- Manages employee selection, training, performance evaluations, documentations, salary and termination processes. Maintains a positive, proactive labor environment.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment through demonstrating Truss plant compliance of OSHA and other government/company safety rules and regulations.
While the above is the company information, it boils down to being basically a $10-15M Plant Manager position. Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing and President. If I were to describe the feel for what this job is, it is old school manufacturing management, bringing modern tools to improve all aspects of their manufacturing operation. It's your show. It's fast paced, must be flexible to respond to schedule changes and customer needs. You need to know how to develop and manage budgets, schedules, reports, P&L, and other business related management tools. Products are 80% AG and stock buildings, with residential and commercial filling the balance. Market swings have not effected this company during the last crash, they are strong, debt free, and growing fast.
For over 22 years, The JobLine has been recruiting and placing professionals in the Truss and Wall Panel industry. You don't need a resume to work with us! We have the tools to present you in a professional manner, but only if you approve. Career Choices in the Truss, Wall Panel, and Engineered Wood Components Industry.
All inquiries are STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL! You are never presented without permission...
Sioux City, IA
Fri, 12 May 2017 08:17:40 PDT