General Statement of Job
Responsible for the creation of exceptional creative and persuasive marketing copy for multiple formats and target audiences to promote the college and support recruitment efforts.
Location Highland Business Center Hours M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Salary Specialist 6/118 ($31,394.00 - $44,848.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Director, Associate Communications Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Mastery of copywriting and marketing message development and execution.
- Knowledge of advertising, marketing, creative strategy, and campaign development principles and best practices.
- Strong understanding of web-based/digital marketing concepts as they relate to creative development, such as SEO, SEM, interaction and experience design.
- Knowledge of graphic design concepts.
- Familiarity with project management process.
- Familiarity with editorial stylebooks and other reference manuals.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including the use of attention to detail and follow-through.
- Creating, communicating, and problem-solving skills.
- Creating and persuading proficiency in copywriting.
- Strong grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Ability to interact with clients, pitch ideas, receive feedback, and revised work.
- Adeptness in managing multiple priorities and meeting several, often shifting, deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively as needed, contributing to a positive and productive work environment.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word-processing, database, and presentation software.
- Demonstrated proficiency using content management systems.
Required Work Experience
- One year of related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with InDesign, WordPress, and email marketing platforms.
- Two or more years of related work experience as a copywriter.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prodent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.