Specialist, Marketing Graphic Design
General Statement of Job
Responsible for the conceptualization, planning, design, and production of official college marketing materials that are consistent with the college's graphic identity standards.
Location Highland Business Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Salary Specialist 6/118 ($31,394.00 - $44,848.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Director, Associate Marketing Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design, typography, and color principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of pre-press and printing processes.
- Working knowledge of digital photography for publication/advertising purposes.
- Basic understanding of HTML or CSS.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Creativity, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and independently prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow-through, and adherence to brand standards.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software and graphic design and publishing applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Internet, FTP, and scanning software in a predominately Mac-based environment.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
- Associate degree.
- Bachelor's degree in a graphic design-related field.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Solid understanding of mobile and web user experience and user interaction design (UI UX).
- Demonstrated knowledge of motion graphics and video editing.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.