Technology Support and Training Specialist - Business Information Technology Services, College of B
Technology Support and Training Specialist
College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Technology Support and Training Specialist is a full time, 12-month Academic Professional appointment in Business Information Technology Services, a unit within the College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Provide technology support and training, and systems and software documentation for the College of Business.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with units and individual faculty to provide the unique technological needs for their learning and research environment,including software, client hardware, network, printing, telephony, and security access.
- Independently complete assigned projects with durations of 2-6 months.
- Integrate and customize campus-level end-point management solutions to meet college needs.
- Supervise college IT desktop support team (student and academic hourlies).
- Manage college IT help desk workflow and serve as liaison and college advocate between college and university/external technology providers.
- Consult with users on installation and use of software applications which also interface with network connections, and optimize systems for best performance.
- Collaborate with planning, research, purchasing, and installation of IT systems and products (hardware/software deployment).
- Provide user assistance with network connectivity, administer local building networks, manage DNS and DHCP for college networks.
- Promote use of centralized services where practical. Acquire and adapt such services to unique needs of unit or users.
- Analyze functional and performance issues associated with use of technology, collaborate with peers on possible solutions, and implement corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Perform varied IT tasks requiring some evaluation, originality, and /or ingenuity.
- Advise on use of varied computing and communications technology.
- Respond to requests in a timely, polite, and professional manner.
- Promote excellent customer service by taking responsibility for assigned users, owning problems until resolution.
- Actively maintain relationships with user community; Proactively communicate relevant IT information, stay informed of user's needs and initiatives.
- Provide support for college faculty and staff technology use.
- Create technology instructional and use-case documentation, training tutorials, and software/systems best practices.
- Provide training workshops and consultation on college-supported software and systems.
- Collaborate with members of the infrastructure and instructional support teams on college technology improvement and maintenance projects.
- Provide limited after-hours and weekend support for projects and events.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree required; technology or computer-science related degrees preferred
- Two years of relevant professional experience in technology-related customer support.
- Experience with Windows operating systems and related hardware.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, or other directory service
- Ability to diagnose network problems, and maintain network security
- Knowledge of essential network services (DNS, DHCP, VoIP, and/or VPNs)
- Customer service excellence and ability to communicate with non-technical and diverse customers
- Demonstrated high quality written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Complete most work with limited supervision, appropriately judging when to seek assistance or guidance from subject experts or management
- Experience in developing and delivering in-person and asynchronous training materials.
- Experience with mobile devices.
- Experience with Apple operating systems and related hardware.
- Experience with enterprise-level endpoint management solutions.
- Experience with IT equipment, network and software
- Experience within the University of Illinois and understanding internal processes.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by May 29, 2017. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date; however, no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. For further information regarding our application procedures, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Business IT
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 05/12/2017
Close Date: 05/29/2017