Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator, HEP
Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator, HEP
Position Number: 53069517
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 05/31/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator for the High School Equivalency Program (HEP) Grant. The Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator (ROC) for HEP will travel to various locations to identify and recruit prospective HEP participants. The ROC will coordinate with various partners to implement effective recruitment initiatives and outreach strategies to reach grant goals. Multi-campus travel, some weekend and evening work will occur. Position re-appointment is contingent upon reaching assigned goals, successfully meeting all job responsibilities and the continuation of the grant on a yearly basis. The HEP Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator will report to the HEP Associate Director, must meet assigned project goals and will execute all responsibilities as described below.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator will:
- Travel to various locations to recruit HEP participants to reach yearly grant goals.
- Develop and implement student recruitment plans and assist in the selection process.
- Review initial participant eligibility and provide admissions test into the program.
- Create positive rapport with participants to assist in their success in the program and thereafter.
- Initiate the development of Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) and Placement Action Plans (PAPs) as part of the new participant intake.
- Interact with HEP staff to assist in interventions to ensure participant success.
- Coordinate with the Associate Director to maintain student recruitment, progress, and placement records.
- Plan informational events and community outreach for recruitment; coordinate new student orientation and graduation.
- Collaborate with college, employment, military recruiters, and project partners in providing appropriate services.
- Assist in data collection and database creation/maintenance for effective recruitment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual skills in Spanish and English required
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills required
- Ability to develop, implement, and facilitate placement strategies
- Engage participants and partners
- Assess participants' learning needs and postsecondary and/or job goals
- Develop learning plans and placement plans
- Engage postsecondary, job placement, and military recruiters; and monitor data
- Must have reliable vehicle and driving license;Evening and weekend work will occur
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Master's degree preferred; or Bachelor's degree in education, guidance, communications, counseling or a related field; or
- Training or educational courses related to serving underserved and disadvantaged students required
- A minimum of 1-2 years of community outreach, counseling, or education area experience required
- Teaching experience in English, reading, math, or success strategies preferred
- Experience working with academically underprepared students
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.