HEP Instructor - (Grant Funded)
HEP Instructor - (Grant Funded)
Position Number: 53069518
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Multi-Campus
General Summary: The University of north Georgia is currently accepting applications for a HEP Instructor. This is a grant funded position.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The HEP Instructor will:
- Assist with assessment of participants and development of ILPs.
- Tailor instructional sessions to meet the learning needs of participants.
- Develop lesson plans for GED instruction.
- Instruct in GED subject area courses with ESL content when necessary.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring for participants.
- Develop tracking system for monitoring student progress.
- Compile and maintain record of student activities and progress.
- Assist with project revisions and interventions to ensure participant success.
- Collaborate with Project Director, RAP Specialist, and GED instructor to assess student progress.
- Collaborate with Project Director, RAP Specialist, and GED instructor to develop and revise ILPs for participants.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual skills in Spanish and English required.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Master's degree preferred and bachelor's degree in education or a related field required.
- Training or educational courses related to serving underserved and disadvantaged students required.
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience in adult education courses and ESL instruction is required.
- Experience working with academically under prepared, non-native speaking, and adult education students.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.