Help Desk Analyst 3
Working Title: Help Desk Analyst 3
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine, Institutional Analysis and Computing
Posting Date: 05-12-2017
The Institutional Analysis Department within the School of Medicine at the University of Virginia is seeking a Help Desk Analyst III. The incumbent is responsible for providing a wide range of technical assistance to departmental staff, faculty and students. This position is integral to the support of the School of Medicine's hardware and software needs of end users. The incumbent works with multiple departments, vendors and third parties on issues involving maintenance, new initiatives, support and troubleshooting. Additional duties include assisting with writing procedures, collecting and analyzing data related to desktop support and maintaining records as appropriate.
The position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, related discipline or equivalent work experience (8 years of related work experience is equivalent to Bachelor's Degree). Position requires a minimum of three years of information technology experience in a customer service role providing desktop, OS, and network support. Successful candidate will have broad knowledge of multiple computer operating systems, network protocols as well as standard security tools and methodologies.
Must have experience with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Operating System and Apple OS, strong customer service, interpersonal communication, teamwork and project management skills. Must have ability to troubleshoot and prioritize requests. MCSE, ITIL, CCNA certification preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must possess strong investigational, analytical and critical thinking skills; must be a self-starter and must be able to work independently.
2. Possess an in-depth understanding of discipline as well as an in depth understanding of the business environment of the University of Virginia.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the University's Information Technology Services and Health Information Technology policies and operating procedures.
4. Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
5. Possess thorough knowledge of computing technologies and applied skills and abilities which includes a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications and equipment; basic systems analysis, at least one technologically current programming language, and information technology integration practices.
6. Possess thorough knowledge of resolving Help Desk issues, introducing new applications, installation on servers/clients, and providing basic user training to improve users' computer literacy and proficiency.
7. Ability to address complex problems and use experience and judgment in selecting among authorized procedures.
8. Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills to convey technical guidance and information to customers and to provide excellent customer service.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81875