Senior Back-end Engineer, Java/Scala
AppThis is an international mobile ad tech company focused on the global app ecosystem. Founded in early 2014 by two experienced tech entrepreneurs, the company has already delivered over 40 million app installs for global app developers. Our approach is technology and data first with an eye to deliver globally. We are seeking a Backend Engineer to play a key role supporting the growth of the business by developing critical components of our technology platform and advertising products.
You will be joining a fun team of experienced engineers who have strong technical backgrounds and successful track records using cutting edge technology and data science for mobile advertising. The company culture is dynamic and fast-paced, empowering people to get shit done with no drama or politics. The engineering culture echoes that mentality with rapid, iterative release cycles and clear insight into how your work impacts revenue.
This position is heavily focused on building scalable platforms with a focus on revenue growth. We are currently serving billions of impressions annually and expect that to grow by multiple orders of magnitude.
- Architect and build highly scalable real-time, targeted mobile ad serving platforms capable of handling > 10K events per second
- Design and manage end-to-end data process, including log loading, database architecture, rollups and reporting for high growth environment with > 10M impressions per day
- Build custom RESTful API's for in-house mobile and web-based applications
- Design and implement real-time, low latency ad exchange bidders
- Assist with implementation of machine learning, contextual and behavioral targeting algorithms
- Develop critical components of the targeted mobile advertising platform
- An absolute love and passion for enterprise development; code is poetry
- Solid experience coding multi-threaded applications in Java and/or Scala
- Experience architecting and implementing custom RESTful API's
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience designing large scale RDBMS and/or NoSQL database systems, such as MySQL, PostreSQL, and MongoDB
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols, networking, and security
- Strong desire to learn to code in Scala
- Experience developing in a linux environment, familiarity with Amazon Web Services preferred
- Thorough and diligent about writing excellent code and being responsible for your own bugs
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technologies
- Eager to mentor and train other developers
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Massive attention to detail
- Functional programing experience
- Experience working with Spray and/or Play! Framework
- Experience working in the Internet Advertising industry
AppThis is a fast growing mobile ad-tech company with it's headquarters located in the Industry building in the RiNo district of Denver; as well as global offices in London and Tel Aviv. Founded in early 2014 by two experienced ad-tech entrepreneurs, the company has already delivered over 40 million installs for app developers across the globe. We offer a fun, fast-paced environment with competitive compensation, great benefits/perks, a brilliant team and amazing career experience.
Fri, 12 May 2017 16:25:35 PDT