Title: Assistant Controller
Classification: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Administration and Operations and the Partner Group
Supervises: Admin Personnel
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Assistant Controller is responsible for the overall management of the administrative team and office systems. The Assistant Controller also assists the Director of Administration and Operations with various tasks in the areas of administration, human resource management, training, finance and scheduling. The Assistant Controller reports directly to the DOAO and the Partner group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages workload control to regulate and maintain a balanced workload for administrative team with minimum overtime.
- Standardizes firm processes and recommendations for process revisions. Implements new processes, as necessary.
- Maintains master client data base in the Practice Management software.
- Manages and controls the purchase of supplies so there is adequate inventory maintained in all areas.
- Supervises the research and recommendations relating to the purchase of necessary office and computer equipment including: photocopiers, telephone systems, computers, scanners, printers and software.
- Arranges for regular office equipment maintenance and negotiates appropriate service contracts.
- Maintains an efficient digital filing system for client and administrative files.
- Maintains efficient incoming and outgoing mail procedures.
- Holds periodic administrative team meetings, keeping administrative team informed of any management decisions relating to them. Encourages and promotes team effort on the part of the entire administrative group by soliciting their input and enlisting their support relating to the efficient operation of the office.
- Maintains all firm insurance records. Provides the DOAO with cost and coverage comparisons as needed. Recommends appropriate revisions, additions or deletions to coverage.
- Assists the DOAO with human resources activities for the firm, including hiring and recruiting activities.
- Coordinates all recruiting for administrative staff including interviewing, maintaining accurate recruiting records and maintaining relationships with recruiting vendors.
- Works with others to provide new employee orientation. This includes office tour, introductions, review of firm policies and procedures and enrollment and explanation of firm benefits.
- Supervises the firm's mentoring program and regularly monitors the program for effectiveness.
- Supervises the maintenance of personnel files. Keeps information current on each employee's personal data, status of PTO accrued and taken, performance evaluations, professional development and participation in benefit programs.
- Annually, is involved in all administrative performance review sessions.
- Assists the DOAO in updates to the personnel handbook in accordance with applicable employment laws and guidelines.
- Manages the administration of employee benefits programs. Recommends revisions to maintain a competitive compensation and benefits package. Manages the administration of the firm 401k pension plan and Flexible Benefit Plan.
- Responsible for determining the number of administrative team members needed to efficiently process client engagements and support firm activities. Develops job descriptions for all administrative positions.
- Assists the DOAO in the management of the firm's CPE program. Supervises the maintenance of CPE records, filing of necessary reports to the state society and board of accountancy, seminar registrations and travel arrangements.
- Assists the DOAO in coordination of all firm training events including individual and group training.
- Oversees all internal accounting functions, including preparation of monthly general ledgers and financial statements.
- Supervises the A/P function and reviews all accounts payable checks.
- Monitors accounts receivable and cash flow. Supervises the processing and mailing of accounts receivable statements monthly.
- Prepares firm payroll and manages the relationship with the payroll vendor for processing of payroll reporting.
- Monitors employee time sheets and expense reports for accuracy.
- Supervises the time and billing system. Monitors timely preparation of billings and distribution of management reports.
- Supervises the preparation of the firm budget and monitors the budget on a monthly basis.
- Assists the DOAO with monitoring of accountant work schedules and assures proper staffing levels are maintained.
- Serves as scheduling meeting manager to ensure proper communication between team, project managers and partners.
- Coordinates, implements and monitors the annual staff projected hours process and manages to ensure accurate entry in Practice CS.
- Assists the DOAO with the coordination of the firm's overall annual staffing schedule to ensure staffing hours match client needs.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software at intermediate level.
- Ability to delegate work to others and manage results.
- Ability to manage project timelines and outcomes to ensure success.
- Ability to use and understand paperless systems, including Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to act as a proper liaison between management, employees, and clients.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts, and other information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while remaining organized.
- Ability to be flexible and/or re-prioritize based on the Firm's needs.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional office environment and posses an executive presence in dress, speech, and manner.
- Education - Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting, business or closely related field
- Experience - at least three years of management experience
- Licenses - valid driver's license
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Fri, 12 May 2017 03:53:54 PDT