Assistant Director of Patron Services
Macky Auditorium at CU Boulder welcomes applications for an Assistant Director for Patron Services. The Assistant Director ensures the successful execution of all events and manages front of the house operations at Macky Auditorium. We are looking for a strategic thinker who can create and implement an Emergency Action Plan for the building and occupants, oversee the training of front of house staff for emergency response protocol, and coordinate with the University ADA Coordinator to ensure that the facility, programming and services are compliant with current regulations.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Front of House Staff Management
- Strategically and effectively supervise staff and develop working relationships with front of the house (FOH) stakeholders. Coordinate schedules, including: Front of House Staff (House Managers, Assistants, Head Ushers and Ushers), Emergency Medical Technicians, Housing & Dining Services (Concessions), Security (CU Police, Security contractors), AFROTC (post-event custodial services), Facilities Management (General building maintenance), Student workers (Office work, ticket sales, merchandise sales, etc.), and EMS (Campus scheduling system)
- Coordinates training for FOH staff
FOH Satellite Event Coordination
- Coordinate satellite events including receptions, meet & greets, gallery events, and signings
- Serve as on-site designee on behalf of Macky at select events with alcohol
Manage FOH Resource Management
- Maintain FOH equipment inventories (radios, stanchions, tables, etc.) and beverage inventories
- Manage procurement for FOH needs
- Engage broadly in University processes, committees, and initiatives
- Build professional relationships with staff across the University, as well as clients and colleagues across the industry to enhance the production quality of Macky
What you should know:
- This position will be required to work varying hours required for event and production
What we can offer:
The anticipated salary range for this position is $48,000-$50,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be strategic. Be adaptable. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts Administration, Non-Profit Administration, Fine Arts, or related field
- Two (2) years of experience working in customer service and hospitality
- Three (3) years of professional experience working in a performing arts venue or theater in Patron Services and/or Administration
- Two (2) years of experience supervising volunteers, paid staff and/or students
- One (1) year of experience working in Office 365, Microsoft Office product suite, or Google apps
What you will need:
- Knowledge of State and local alcohol regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team development and flexibility in problem solving
- Ability to maintain accurate and timely records
- Adaptability to evolving work environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and provide high-quality customer service with faculty, staff, artists, visiting production crews and the general public
What we'd like you to have:
- Four (4) years of experience in performing arts administration in a historical venue environment and/or higher education environment
- Four (4) years of experience in event marketing, public relations or related field
- One (1) year of experience working with event production software such as Ungerboeck and/or EventBooking
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 25, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09419.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10363 - Music-Macky Auditorium
Posting Date: May 12, 2017
Closing Date: May 25, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002078