Rose Faculty Physician
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Rose Faculty Physician
The Rose Family Medicine Residency program is affiliated with the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Colorado. Rose Family Medicine provides medical care for the entire family. Our practice offers a wide variety of outpatient care and services to include sports medicine, prenatal care, imaging and procedures such as skin biopsies and women's care. The clinic is a training site for resident physicians enrolled in the Rose Family Medicine Residency.
Our mission is to train outstanding, compassionate Family Physicians who practice evidence-based medicine in a culturally sensitive patient-centered model. In partnership with Rose Medical Center and the University of Colorado, we strive to be a work-class model of quality, safety, and efficient stewardship of resources, which contributes to the well-being of our community and society.
The Rose Family Medicine Residency Program is hiring both hospitalists and full-scope providers.
The Assistant Professor serves as a core member of Rose Family Medicine Residency Teaching Faculty:
- Provides high quality ambulatory care in the Rose Family Medicine Center and/or provides inpatient care at Rose Medical Center to adult medicine inpatients and well newborns, as designated.
- Supervises resident care at Rose Medical Center and the Rose Family Medicine Residency Center.
- Participates as needed in chart review and coding compliance activities. Exemplifies the highest standards in patient care as a faculty member and role model to residents.
- Participates in all Clinic and Hospital quality measures and programs.
Teaching and Mentoring Residents:
- Conducts educational activities in the Family Medicine Residency specified by the Associate Director, Curriculum Director, and Residency Director.
- In rotation with other faculty, takes call and rounding for the resident practice. Precepts in the Clinic including direct observation of patient/resident encounters. Provides education to residents and medical students.
- Attends and participates in Morning Report, discusses outcomes with residents. Accepts other responsibilities specifically assigned by the Residency Director.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional mentoring to the residents. Role models communication and leadership to residents and staff. Facilitates resolution of issues and enforces policies involving residents.
- Attends and actively contributes to Clinic and Faculty Meetings.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the core conference curriculum. Leads monthly Journal Club conference. Participates in Residency Faculty team functions and residency QI group projects.
- Serves on Hospital and Residency committees.
- Participates in the selection and evaluation of Faculty and Residents.
- Participates in Faculty development efforts. Keeps abreast of the latest developments in field, both academically and through applied skill.
- Actively contributes to academic advancement of family medicine by participating on research projects, conducting scholarly work and coauthoring/authoring papers, and presentations at local, regional and national meetings. May contribute to grant proposals in a Co-Investigator role as well as leading grant submissions as a Principal Investigator.
- Provide research mentorship and education to Rose Family Medicine residents, to include providing guidance on their required scholarly projects.
- MD or DO and graduation from an accredited family medicine residency program
- Colorado Medical License and a DEA Certificate
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Family Medicine
- Able to obtain Medical Staff privileges within the HealthONE LLC d/b/a Rose Medical Center and with UCH/CU-Medicine if required
- Proficiency in full-scope family medicine care, including ambulatory and inpatient medicine
- Experience or interest in education and research and faculty development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information
- Able to complete age-specific and unit-specific competencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with faculty, staff, patients and others
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize,multitask and follow-up
- Ability to organize and analyze data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to solving complex problems
- Evidence of ability to participate actively as a leader and member of a research team in the conduct of research activities and outcomes
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by June 12, 2017. Questions should be directed to Deanna Schroder at email@example.com
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08870
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, unofficial transcripts or a copy of diploma
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: May 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732090