Administrative Assistant II
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Administrative Assistant II (Cord Blood Bank Admin Assistant II)
Position #00687379 - Requisition NUMBER
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified)Administrative Assistant II position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Assist the Cord Blood Bank by providing administrative support to the Coordinator of Cellular Therapy and the Cord Blood Processing staff.
- Process search requests through the NMDP database system
- Ship samples for HLA testing (CT)
- Review HLA CT results, infectious disease testing results, cell counts and viabilities
- Review cord blood donor history/eligibility
- Coordinate shipments of cord blood units domestically and internationally.
- Prepare release reports for medical director, executive director and quality unit review
- Remove products from freezer and ship to transplant centers
- Draft occurrence reports as necessary
- Represent the cord blood bank to NMDP and transplant centers.
- Complete data entry of Cord Blood Unit and Maternal information along with test results into the CBBM database.
- Order HgB requests from State Newborn Screening labs.
- Assist Cord Blood Processing lab staff with supply receipt and release.
- Contact donor mothers to acquire health updates as necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience.
Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Experience working in a research and/or healthcare setting maintaining paper and electronic records.
- Experience utilizing an electronic database to enter, maintain, and compile data.
- One (1) year of inventory management, which includes handling, shipping, receiving, tracking, storing, and distributing goods and materials.
- Experience completing and tracking billing invoices and purchase requests.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to manage detail-oriented tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- The successful candidate should be self-motivated and a fast learner with excellent time management, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Outlook, Word, and Oracle database system
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin May 27th, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. Unofficial Transcripts if substituting education for experience.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20174 - SOM-MED-Clinical Immunology
Posting Date: May 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sandra Fradenburg
Posting Contact Email: Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00687379