IT Manager I
IT Manager I
IT Manager I
University IT Services - 110180
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; With some variance
Classroom Support Services provides services that thrive on integration and teamwork with UNT students, faculty, staff, private vendors and other on-campus service providers to work towards a shared goal of the best classroom experience possible.
Classroom Support Services at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Manager I to join our team.
This position has responsibility and ownership of the day-to-day technical operations management of an area. Duties include managing workflow automations, software control systems, customer service information platforms and hardware; providing expertise in various system environments; ensuring the customer service experience with classroom technology is fruitful and consistent; preparing project specific planning; and investigating problem situations that require a working knowledge of IT and operations concepts and in some cases new hardware or software solutions. Position's primary focus is on ensuring technological needs continue to meet the demands of daily operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provides Technical Training of Personnel.
* Provides Training materials.
* Provides a Positive Leadership Example.
* Maintains customer facing information systems.
* Maintains internal information resources.
* Develops and maintains CSS workflow processes.
* Maintains customer based and project data integrity.
* Collaborates with customers and the team regarding OS deployments.
* Helps define new use cases for software deployments.
* Evaluates new and existing hardware use cases watching for change.
* Evaluates complex systems.
* Trains customers and staff new learning technologies.
* Maintains CSS information systems based processes, structure and procedures.
* Technical Tasks.
* Evaluates new systems and technologies for use case.
* IT & AV system design and deployment.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Considerable knowledge of principles of computing and/or communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environments.
* Ability to supervise and train subordinates.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain, and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting