Web Developer and Content Manager
Web Developer and Content Manager
IT Programmer Analyst II
Provost-Gen - 110000
Is this an internal posting only?
The Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is responsible for UNT's academic mission, including teaching and service. The Provost's Office provides leadership in the development and supervision of the university's academic programs and curriculum in conjunction with the deans and faculty representatives. Additionally, the provost's office collaborates with the Office of Research and Economic Development in promoting faculty and student scholarship.
The Provost's Office at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Web Developer and Content Manager to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Develops webpages and online web forms that are visually appealing and provide valuable content using the latest platforms.
* Provides ongoing maintenance, day-to-day editorial, and digital content for the office's website.
* Organizes static content (e.g., forms and reports) in a way that achieves user needs and engages various audiences.
* Performs user research, conducting usability tests, measuring lead user and target audience satisfaction, analyzing metrics, and recommending data-driven changes.
* Develops and maintains web services documentation, including design documents, user guides, training material, and internal knowledge articles.
* Develops and implements concepts, policies, and standards for the successful operation of the Office of the Provost's website, mobile apps, and social media outlets. Ensures that web presence adheres to university design standards and collaborates with leadership in the Office of the Provost to manage content.
* Collaborate with other on-campus departments to ensure uniformity of design and information.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree with coursework in computing or information systems and three years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Intermediate knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques
* Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications
* Strong skill in analyzing and solving complex data processing and computing problems
* Ability to coordinate a work team and train lower level programmers and analysts for specific tasks or assignments
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in higher education settings.
* Ability to multi-task effectively.
* Ability to work independently.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting