FIELD INSTRUCTOR IN SOCIAL WORK
JOB NO.: 90535-AS
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Department: L&S/SOCIAL WORK/SOC WORK
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 90535-AS
Working Title: Field Instructor in Social Work
Official Title: FACULTY ASSOCIATE(D92DN) or ASSOC FACULTY ASSOC(D92FN) or ASST FACULTY ASSOC(D92LN)
Hiring Department: A488200-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/SOCIAL WORK/SOC WORK
FTE: 30% - 40%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 24, 2017
Term: This position will end on MAY 20, 2018.
Minimum $35,056 ACADEMIC (9 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A Masters in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program is required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Minimum of two years post MSW practice experience is required.
Practice experience in health and aging settings preferred.
Teach Social Work 800/801, Field and Integrative Seminar III & IV - Social Work Practice in Health and Aging. This appointment will be 30% - 40% depending on enrollment. This position is part of the School of Social Work's Part-Time MSW Program at the UW Madison campus.
Duties for the position includes:
- Prepare an approved course syllabus in the context of the School's curriculum design and in light of any accreditation parameters.
- Teach a weekly field unit seminar to provide relevant theoretical, policy and problem content.
- Construct and conduct appropriate course assignments (exams, papers, quizzes, etc.)
- Place and supervise your students in an agency setting
- Develop and approve learning plan and supervisory arrangements with student and practicum supervisor.
- Share in ongoing practice supervision and consultation.
- Help students integrate seminar content with placement experience.
- Maintain regular contact with practicum supervisor to monitor student performance, ensure learning opportunities, deal with performance problems, etc.
- Consult with student on professional growth and development. Help student integrate constructive criticism.
- Responsible for formal evaluations and grading.
- Serve as a professional role model to your students.
- Work with current agency supervisor on future planning for student placements and to develop earning opportunities
- Communicate with professional contacts and community members to develop new field placements and affiliations between the school and various agencies/organizations.
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours.
- Attend field faculty meetings, field forum/information meetings, and other meetings/trainings as requested
- Attend faculty meetings with voice, but no vote.
Location- UW Madison
This course begins in the later part of the summer semester and continues through the 2017-18 Academic Year.
There is a possibility this position can be extended in subsequent semesters to teach the course listed on this PVL, or similar courses within the department. This position may become renewable if there is a need for an ongoing appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume, cover letter, and list of references via the online application at jobs.wisc.edu.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 12 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 9 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time