Student Leadership and Runyan Center Coordinator
Position Title: Student Leadership and Runyan Center Coordinator
Department: Division of Student Life
Supervisor: Director of Student Leadership and Runyan Center
Status: Hourly Staff, Full Benefits, 35 hours per week/variable additional hours to assist with events
Pay Rate: Level 6; rate is $11.86/hour, increased to $12.01/hour after 90-day evaluation
The ideal candidate for the Student Leadership and Runyan Center Coordinator position must be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with students, internal and external partners, and encourage and thrive in a highly collaborative environment. He/she must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Outstanding organizational ability that allows for work on multiple events with competing dates and priorities and coordination between multiple working groups is a must.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assist with student-led events and organizations on campus, including but not limited to:
- Assist with set up and deconstructing events.
- Point person for student organizations to plan, implement and strategize communication efforts.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies necessary for student events.
- Facilitate event scheduling and resource requirements through scheduling software.
- Facilitate technical support.
- Arrange for needed Housekeeping, Maintenance and Food Service support.
- Identifying and rectifying operating challenges on the spot.
- Support the building of effective and positive business relations and communication with all internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of events production contracts, rider requirements and copyright laws a plus.
- Provide clerical support for Director of Student Leadership and Runyan Center:
- Processing accounts payable and receivable invoices.
- Assist Director with cash management duties for events.
- Monitors budgets.
- Copying, faxing, filing.
- Assist with identifying the needs of customers and clients.
- Screens and responds and/or distributes incoming communication.
- Answers and manages incoming calls.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of student staff.
- Available for conferences, events, and large student-managed events on evenings and weekends.
- A pleasant and collegial personality consistent with the mission of a service-oriented office.
- Exceptional motivation and follow through.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma is required: a post-secondary education is preferred.
- Experience in providing support in any of the following areas: higher education, event production, events management, camps and conferences, social media and marketing is a plus.
- Highly organized, self-starter who works independently.
- Flexible, diplomatic and effective leadership style.
- Positive attitude.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must maintain a service centered approach in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain College and community relationships through a strong commitment to customer service.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The application review begins immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other differences. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION Student Leadership and Runyan Center Coordinator
REQ NUMBER STU-17-00002
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham emphasizes the pursuit of truth, lack of coercion, respect for others, openness to new truth, integrity and application of what is known to improving our world.
Earlham College and the Earlham School of Religion are located in Richmond, Indiana, a city of about 39,000. Founded in 1847 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Earlham College is an independent, four-year, coeducational, residential institution of higher learning. Approximately 1,200 undergraduate students attend Earlham College on its 800-acre tree-shaded campus. Earlham College offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in 40 disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields, as well as permitting self-designed studies and a cooperative program in engineering. Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education degrees also are offered at Earlham College.
EOE STATEMENT Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest-quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.