Athletic Certification Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $60,700
The Athletic Certification Coordinator (ACC) is primarily responsible for the academic evaluation and certification of student-athlete eligibility to participate in intercollegiate sports in compliance with NCAA regulations. The ACC acquires and maintains a thorough knowledge of NCAA regulations as well as UC Riverside academic policies and degree requirements to ensure compliance with all rules and the integrity of the record. Under the direction of the Assistant Registrar for Records, the ACC is also a member of the records team and assists with degree conferral, maintenance of student records, and key functions within the unit.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Ability to work with people from diverse cultures. Utilizes excellent constituent service skills with all interactions.
Strong problem identification, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; judgment and decision-making ability. Ability to assess processes and implement improvements.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Customer service orientation. Interpersonal skills.
Working knowledge and demonstrated ability to use complex databases.
Ability to apply thorough knowledge of policies to a variety of individual situations. Recommends procedures to ensure compliance in a diverse learning community.
Thorough knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with student records services.
Strong ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with campus departments, UC campuses, and external agencies.
Thorough knowledge of particular Registrar core functions (e.g., degree requirements, special enrollment, veterans' benefits, and residency).
Thorough knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and productivity software.
Thorough knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview