Case Management Coordinator
Salary: $44,292 - $63,540
Title: Case Management Coordinator
Department: INACTIVE Internl Scholars Cntr
Date Posted: 01/11/2017
Position Information: International Students and Scholars (ISS) provides specialized immigration services to assist in the process of hiring international faculty, scholars and staff employees at the University of California, Riverside (UCR). The case management coordinator will provide case management, analytical, visa and technical support for ISS. The candidate will serve as point of contact between ISS, scholars, central administrative and academic units for employment-based visas. Will also function as a back-up Alternate Responsible Officer for J-1 Exchange Visitor Program to activate SEVIS records at check-in, as well as update International Scholars SEVIS information. Assist International Scholars with visa cases for international faculty, staff and dependent family members.
This position requires independent problem solving on a daily basis, as well as the use of sound and consistent judgment when facing technical problems and systems issues, or evaluating visa documents.
Minimum Requirements: 1. Five years of related work experience.
2. General knowledge of documents and forms associated with non-immigrant visas.
3. Experience supporting information technology and/or implementation of databases and issues related information systems.
4. Ability to interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports. Maintain and manage data, analyze and summarize reports. Filter and analyze data for reports and charts.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be detail orientated.
6. Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States in order to meet federal regulatory requirements for professional practice as an Alternate Responsible Officer for the J Exchange Visitor Program.
7. Demonstrated high-level computer proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Publisher, webpage development, and email software applications.
8. Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to work in a fast-pace environment with multiple deadlines.
9. Demonstrated ability to research, compile and analyze information.
10. Knowledge of SEVIS reporting requirements, as well as federal laws and regulations pertaining to international scholars in J-1 status.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's degree in a related field.
2. Ability to type, format, proofread and edit routine and complex word processing documents.
3. Experience working with international students, scholars, faculty and staff with demonstrated knowledge of their adjustment and support needs.
4. Knowledge of various visa types and foreign documents.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of UCR policy and procedures and the client/server systems.
6. Bi-lingual, English/Mandarin is a huge plus.
7. Experience with Ellucians International Student and Scholar Management (ISSM) system.
8. Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #12 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 55th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview