Nurse Practitioner Faculty
Functional Title Nurse Practitioner Faculty
Position Type Non-Tenure Stream
The School of Nursing at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is seeking a nurse practitioner for a full-time Clinical track Assistant/Associate Professor position. The School is recruiting creative and highly motivated candidates who want to advance their academic careers and support the teaching, practice, and research mission of the UNCG School of Nursing. We are seeking an innovative and talented individual actively engaged in evidence-based practice and education to become part of our dynamic team. The position is designed to include a clinical practice with the University Student Health Services several days per week and precepting/teaching DNP NP students. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and credentials. This is a 9 month faculty position.
Responsibilities of the position includes:
- A clinical faculty practice to provide patient care, including performing assessment, determining diagnosis, developing treatment plans, prescribing medication, engaging in evidenced based scholarship, and providing training and education for a variety of medical conditions under the supervision of a physician at the Student Health Service
- Teaching graduate students and active contribution to scholarship through evidence-based practice or research;
- Student advising including participation in DNP practice inquiry projects;
- School, University, and community service.
- Attend appropriate meetings with Student Health Service staff and Medical Director and School of Nursing
- Provides direct patient care 3-4 days per week (an evening clinic until 6 P.M. intermittently is possible)
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
- Current national certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (NP), Adult NP or AGNP
- Teaching and current clinical experience,
- Background in evidence-based practice and scholarship appropriate to the desired rank.
- Hold a Master's degree in nursing required.
- Hold a RN and APRN (FNP, Adult NP, or AGNP) Licensure in North Carolina prior to hire date.
- Adult, adolescent and women' health experience
- Must be eligible for prescriptive privileges (DEA #)
Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field desired.
Tenure Status Not on Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
The following materials are required and must be uploaded with the electronic application in order to be considered: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References (3), Teaching Philosophy, & Description of practice experience.
Recruitment Range Per experience and education
Org #-Department Dean's Office, School of Nursing - 12801
Job Open Date 03/16/2017
For Best Consideration Date 03/30/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying?
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News and Record
- Other newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal/Website
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Job Board
- Personal Networking
- Social Media
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu