This position will serve as a budget analyst in the Student and Academic Life division in the Academic Excellence Budget Office. The applicant will be expected to assist in the formulation, implementation, monitoring, and review phases of the University's annual budget process. The job calls for the ability to forecast resource needs, query various databases, analyze and interpret budget data, and prepare monthly and annual budget reports. The analyst will routinely monitor and analyze obligations within assigned funds centers throughout the execution phase of the annual operating and capital budget, maintain expenditure controls, and reallocate funding as needed. In addition, the analyst will be required to procure goods and services in accordance with University procurement policies. Thus, familiarity with general ordering of and payments for goods and services is preferred. Other duties include but are not limited to funds status reporting, variance and sensitivity analysis, account reconciliation, and process improvement.
8Z003: Budget and Human Resources
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting and/or standing at workstation for extended periods; lifting and/or carrying light-weight objects.
8:00 am-5:00 pm; Monday-Friday; and occasional evenings and weekends.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, SAP, and knowledge of UK business regulations and policies.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Please describe your accounting and/or finance work experience. Be specific as to the functions that you performed in the various roles.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Which statement most adequately describes your analytical skills. 1=None. 2=Very Limited. Information for analysis comes from other sources. 3=Moderate. Develop means of collecting data and receive data from other sources. 4=Extensive. Hands on. Coordinates, computes, and monitors all areas of the information being sought.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter