The Pediatric Specialty Clinic is seeking a LPN to perform clinic duties within scope of license/certification. This includes but is not limited to: triaging patients, collecting medical history, collecting PFSH, reconciling medications, preparing specimens, preparing/administering injections/vaccinations.
Will communicate with patients, providers, and other peers to provide exceptional care to patients and families. Schedule and coordinae tests, procedures, and other medical services as ordered. Verify insurance coverage and communicate with insurance companies concerning prior authorizations and/or referrals.
Maintain medical privacy as applicable to patient health information, services performed, telephone communications, and any other interactions with patients and families. Register and schedule within the clinic and provide service to patients and their families during their clinic visit. Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly environment for all.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
LPN - Kentucky Licensure
Requires handling of average weights or objects up to 25 pounds with some sitting, standing, or walking.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Do you have an active current LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) license to practice in the state of Kentucky or are eligible to obtain that license by date of hire?
- * Did you graduate before September 13, 2004? Please choose the correct answer below.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 and I attended a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 but I did not attend a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- I graduated after September 13, 2004 .
- * How many years of paid experience do you have working in a pediatric setting?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have paid employment experience in patient registration and/or scheduling?
- * Describe your paid employment experience as it relates to the major job responsibilities of this position (see job summary). Please focus on any experience as an LPN in an ambulatory setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter