Associate Dean of Nursing (Reg FT)
Associate Dean of Nursing (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Assists the Dean of Nursing with administration duties by employing statistical analytics to advise and inform key decisions specifically related to accreditation requirements and nursing program best practices. This position will also administrate operations of the Adjunct Faculty Program with regard to the placement, training, and evaluation of adjunct faculty as they supervise students in local clinical facilities, didactics or laboratory simulated experiences. Additionally, this position will manage the clinical sites across the program and cultivate the liaison role.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 9, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: Office of College Services
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Master's degree in nursing required; active PA RN license; minimum 6 years' experience in nursing education and/or administration. Ability to manage multiple projects, people and problems simultaneously. Confidence and willingness to learn new things related to the system-wide functional area of the dean and the disciplines and programs offered on the campus and at the center(s). Ability to manage people and difficult situations in a reasonable and humanistic manner. Demonstrated experience with problem solving. Excellent communication, organization, accountability, writing and mediation skills. Ability to supervise adjunct faculty and staff and demonstrated leadership skills. Objectivity in working with diverse individuals and groups. Computer, budget management and program coordination skills.
1. Support the Dean of Nursing in the successful deployment of strategic initiatives on a campus and center(s) as well as college-wide activities/projects as assigned.
2. Govern the evaluation methods and execute data analytics related to the Nursing Program's Systematic Evaluation Plan as required by the Accreditation Commission for Education of Nurses (ACEN).
3. With faculty appraisal, maintain the Nursing Program's Systematic Evaluation Plan updates according to Accreditation Commission for Education of Nurses (ACEN) standards.
4. Provide all required adjunct faculty data to the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing in a timely manner.
5. Recruit, select, supervise and evaluate adjunct faculty and division/departmental staff.
6. Oversee survey of student opinion adjunct faculty evaluation process.
7. Oversee collection and review of course outlines, and faculty directory.
8. Supervision, evaluation and payroll oversight of all Nursing Adjunct Faculty according to the CBA.
9. Ensure Nursing Adjunct Agreement letters are sent to adjunct nursing faculty and signed contracts are secured and filed in the Dean's office and HR.
10. Create, administer, and manage an adjunct faculty database for the required tracking, training and evaluation processes.
11. Liaison for all CCAC Nursing Program clinical experiences.
12. Monthly one-to-one meetings with the Dean of Nursing.
13. Weekly reports submitted to the Dean of Nursing.
14. Systematize the program's adjunct faculty and clinical site requirements using the principles of "One College?One Community".
15. Manage the procurement process for clinical agencies/sites and solidify relationships during yearly site visits.
16. Enforce CCAC policies and procedures that apply to all faculty and division staff.
17. Assist with student academic issues and complaints as related to Nursing Adjunct Faculty. Oversees student academic complaint procedures.
18. Analyze students' standardized testing results for curricular implications and develop recommendations for faculty consideration based on best practices in nursing education.
19. Work with nursing related grants, as appropriate.
20. Serve on search committees, task forces and/or participates on special projects as needed; attend meetings of nursing councils, as appropriate.
21. Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Dean of Nursing.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Job Open Date: 05-05-2017
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.