Antelope Valley College
Full-Time, Tenure Track, 10 Months, RN 17-14
Salary: Placement on the applicable salary schedule is commensurate with education.
Schedule A - $53,105.42 - $78,443.93/ Annually + Benefits
Deadline: Open Until Filled
The position is a full-time teaching assignment in Health Sciences division.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges (10th edition):
Master’s degree in nursing OR Bachelor’s degree in nursing AND Master’s degree in health education or health science OR the equivalent OR minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher.
(Academic Affairs Division, California Community Colleges 2014)
• Antelope Valley College Equivalency: (Approved: May 19, 2012 Senate Meeting) Discipline faculty deemed an equivalency for this discipline was not needed.
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
• In addition to teaching 15 lecture hour equivalents per semester, full-time faculty are responsible for five office hours per week and preparation time, and are expected to participate in faculty / division meetings, composition retreats, and portfolio readings
• Full-time faculty also participate in curricular planning, student learning outcomes, program learning outcomes, development, assessment, and implementation; evaluation of educational programs; and college governance contributory to the attainment of the college’s mission and strategic goals
• Instructors may be assigned a combination of daytime, evening, and/or Saturday classes, as the college is dedicated to the educational success of a diverse student body with diverse needs
• Continued professional development through the Faculty Professional Development Program or other sources is expected
• Travel between District locations is also expected
For a complete listing and details of all open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment link on the AVC Web site at www.avc.edu or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311; Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536.