Business Development Manager (Sales)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Business Development Manager will coordinate the sales and delivery of customized contract training and technical assistance to meet the training needs of district businesses and industry. The Business Development Manager will promote all Business and Industry Solutions training products and services.
This position involves traveling and working out of the West region campuses (Medford, Spencer, Phillips) 2-3 days per week.
As a member of Middle Leadership, the Business Development Manager will portray a broad institutional perspective that supports the College's mission, vision, and goals while fostering and creating an environment that strives to anticipate and meet customer needs. A Middle Leader will support a shared leadership culture through participation in and facilitation of teams.
In addition, Middle Leaders will live NTCs operating principles of integrity, respect, learning, collaboration, responsibility, innovation, and service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contacts and develops relationships with new and potential customers provide training solutions and procure contracts for instruction, customized training and technical assistance.Accomplishes this by identifying business opportunities, developing relationships and submitting proposals to clients utilizing college policies and guidelines.
- Identify and coordinate seminars and workshop, in conjunction with the NTC Director of Continuing Education, marketed specifically to business client's needs, and participate in the promotion of those opportunities to district employers.
- Acts as NTC ambassador to promote all NTC and Business and Industry Solutions training opportunities that may be of benefit to district employers.
- Maintains excellent working relationships and provides excellent customer service to new and existing clients.
- Coordinates delivery and evaluation of customer satisfaction of contracted services.
- Meets pre-established goals for various job performance parameters including among other things, revenue, number of contacts, new product development and individual action plans.
- Coordinates development and maintenance of a customer database for region assigned.
- Works with NTC Divisional Deans, Regional Directors, Advisory Committees and others to coordinate services provided to district employers.
- Works with college grants office staff to identify grants opportunities for workforce training.With grants office staff, assists in grant procurement process.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or Communications, Masters preferred.
• Minimum of two years of successful industry selling experience. Educational sales experience preferred
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
• Excellent relationship and collaboration skills
• Experience with development, implementation and evaluation of successful marketing efforts in print and electronic media
• Ability to self-direct, meet established performance goals and follow-through on tasks.
• Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver's License and the ability to pass NTC insurance carrier's requirements.
Some of the important skills, knowledge and abilities for the Business Development Manager include the following:
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills – verbal and written
• Active listening skills
• Professional image
• Customer service orientation
• Team oriented
• Positive attitude
• Ability to make cold calls
• Self-motivated, high level of energy and initiative
• High integrity and strong values and ethics
• Ability to work with a diverse population at all levels in organizations
• Knowledge of trends and issues in training and development, adult and continuing education
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to meet goals and objectives
• Able to work under pressure on a variety of projects simultaneously