Professor of Practice and Program Director, Digital Design & Media Arts
The Director of Design & Media Arts programs is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing administration of undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs in fields related to digital design, graphic design, design and technology, visual and media arts. This includes development and revision of courses and the curriculum of the program in collaboration with faculty and the school administration. The director also recruits and evaluates a largely adjunct faculty, and provides academic advisement to undergraduate and graduate students in the program(s) and to prospective students. The director will provide visionary leadership on the direction of the programs, with an emphasis on creating new programs that can be delivered through different modalities (on-ground and online). As a Professor of Practice, teaching and service duties are also included.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished designer with experience in both 2D and 3D print, photography, illustration, animation, and video as well as knowledge of augmented and virtual reality, Web and app creation, UX and Analytics. She or he will be a proven innovator who is passionate about design and new technologies as they apply to various fields and businesses in the region and nationally, and also and have the ability to lead and create bridges in the community and the region in order to grow the programs of study to compliment trends in design needs in the region as well as nationally.
Required Education and Experience:
1. MFA or MDes in design or a related visual field
2. Knowledge and proficiency in design-related technology. Proficiency and portfolio work with the full Adobe Creative Suite, as well as 3D works created in Maya and / or 3D studioMax or other industry standard 3D software
3. Teaching experience at college-level
4. Professional experience in design with both print and electronic media in areas that may include: web design, branding, graphic design, publication design, advertising, user interface/interactive design, or packaging. A strong portfolio that reflects a high degree of knowledge in both 2D and 3D drawing and design must be submitted electronically
1. Terminal degree in a related field
2. Experience in higher education administration
3. Experience with learning management systems, Canvas preferred
4. Presentation and/or publication record
Qualified applicants should apply through this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/42059
Tulane University is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/persons with disabilities/veterans employer committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane will not discriminate against individuals with disabilities or veterans. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.