Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst
Requisition Number: STFR003708
Division/College: University Advancement
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Responsible for working with Advancement's functional areas, in concert with colleagues across the colleges and divisions, to design and implement solutions that improve the way the University works to meet both regulatory and business requirements.
This position is responsible for providing functional support to expand the capabilities of the current Advancement systems and contribute to process improvements of the administration and support of the operation.
This position will play a pivotal role in the Advancement system development life cycle and consult with both functional areas and end users to evaluate business requirements, identify solution options and execute the implementation of these. You will work with all levels of the institution, ensuring IT deliverables align with business requirements with measurable results and attention to Change Management; ensuring that changes are thoroughly and smoothly implemented, and that the lasting benefits of change are achieved.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for leading various size projects, providing project management oversight and executing on all phases of the project life cycle, including project planning and communication. In addition, the candidate will assist with planning and execution of the testing efforts including development of test cases, coordination between technical and business resources, and documentation of the testing results.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in business analysis and systems analysis
• 5+ years of experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task in a high volume environment
• Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills, demonstrated ability to work across technical and business resources
• Experience using consulting skills and developing customer relationships
• Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and draw conclusions
• Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
• Experience working with test plans and test cases
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.