Director - Major Gifts
Director - Major Gifts
Requisition Number: STFR003707
Division/College: University Advancement
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, Special Projects and the Dean of the College of Arts, Media, and Design, the Director of Major Gifts for the College of Arts, Media, and Design will work in collaboration with the Senior Vice President for University Advancement, Vice President for Development, Dean of the College of Arts, Media, and Design (CAMD), and Advancement staff to develop fundraising initiatives targeted to special constituents who have the capacity to make significant gifts to CAMD and across the university.
Manage a portfolio of 100+ select major gift prospects, including alumni, friends, parents, and university leaders, with a focus on raising major gifts at the $100K to $999k major gifts. Identify new prospects, make discovery and qualification calls, establish cultivation and solicitation strategies, and solicit gifts. Work to achieve a high level of engagement from constituent groups. Manage the major gift operation, including one development staff member for CAMD. Build and enhance constituent relationships with Northeastern, involving them strategically in special programs and events, and connecting them to other university leaders and supporters. Create and lead new initiatives that provide meaningful and substantive engagement opportunities for CAMD.
This position requires the management of one Development Officer.
Candidates should have a proven track record in soliciting and closing major gifts, and be able to demonstrate successful relationship building with institutional leaders.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• The College is seeking a highly entrepreneurial, energetic individual who has a minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of progressive Development experience, preferably in higher education.
• Strong management skills.
• Demonstrated ability in strategic planning for a comprehensive, sustained operation necessary to carry out the vision, goals, and fundraising aspirations of the College and the university.
• Proven success in fundraising.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with high-level decision makers, trustees, and other top level volunteers.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary for building relationships with external (donors, prospects, trustees) and internal (deans, faculty, staff) constituents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly collaborative in approach.
• Ability to travel (including overnights and weekends).
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.